Sunday, July 24, 2011

A New Top

The last week of July is almost here so it is time to change my header.  It is called the Ann Daggs quilt and the pattern for it is by Di Hall. There is a surprisingly large amount of applique in the borders of a quilt that is not large. It is 62" square.
I have started sewing the leaves on the border strips of my Auntie Green quilt and got quite a few done while I watched the Tour de France last night. Well Done! to the 1st Aussie to win the race, Cadel Evans.
Yesterday the sun came out and I managed to finish pruning the roses but today it is wet and miserable again, such a good reason to sit under a quilt and spend the day sewing.

5 comments:

WoolenSails said...

That quilt is absolutely gorgeous, you did such beautiful work on it.
I think I need to slow down and just work on something nice instead of trying to make a lot.

Debbie

Miriam said...

Another beautiful header quilt, Dorothy!

Yes, well done to Cadel Evans!!

Happy sewing today; it is wet here too.

Sue said...

Your Ann Dagg is stunning and how I would love one like that. If only I loved doing applique Big Sigh.

Dawn said...

Great Fun Dorothy! You have a beautiful collection of quilts to rotate through the header.

Debbie said...

I have admired Ann Daggs on your side bar for a while. I am so glad I can now see it in a larger format. Simply stunning!!!