Sunday, August 14, 2011

Yesterday

Yesterday, Saturday, Bev,Linda & I went to Castlemaine for the quarterly Applique Society meeting.  We saw Carolyn's antique quilts. Here are some photos of them. The 1st one had lovely bright colours.

This quilt was so different. I had seen the block before but never a whole quilt of them.


The background was more green than grey in colour but the yellow really stood out and was wonderful.



A beautiful red and white quilt.



A quilt with Bev's favourite block.

 

The blue setting triangles were vibrant.



Another red and white and depending how you look at it the flying geese are going up or down.



This was a teddy bear made by Carolyn, from a school blazer showing the badge and the trim.  What a great use of an old 'wool' blazer. I'm thinking more along the lines of felting the wool for applique on my 'Prim' quilts.


and a real treat for the day.
Seeing Di Hall's Antique Wedding Sampler Revisited that had just been quilted and finished. This is the new BOM quilt from Threadbear. 



sorry I did't get the entire quilt in the photo. Too many in front of me also wanting a photo.

 I will put more photos of the show n tell up tomorrow.










7 comments:

antique quilter said...

OH Dorothy, thank you for posting the pictures the quilts are just beautiful.
I love the red and white flying geese and have been thinking about making one with big geese, any idea the size of these 4 x6 ?
The Wedding Sampler is just BEAUTIFUL I have to make that one
it will push my skills to another level for sure, did you sign up for that bom?
I am sure it will be a breeze for you!
Kathie

David said...

Beautiful quilts. Thanks for the photos.

WoolenSails said...

Love the quilt show and that teddy. That is a good idea, I have an old coat that I love, and thinking I will use it in something.

Debbie

Jan said...

Great quilts, oh I love the one with the vibrant blue triangles!

Dawn said...

Looks like it was a glorious day! What fun.
Thanks for sharing the great photos.

Lisa said...

I was going to say which one was my favorite, but as I kept going, I loved them all! I guess I missed that BOM, according to Adele. I can't wait for the pattern.

Glenda said...

Great Blog Dorothy & wonderful selection of quilt photos. That blue makes the quilt in to a X Factor Quilt. A beautiful a beautiful Wedding sampler of Di's all that work??????? Thanks for sharing. Cheers Glenda