Monday, October 14, 2013

A Little bit of this and...

a little bit of that.
  The decision was made and I've sewn the medallion to the background. Each corner has applique too and I have the freezer paper pieces ready to go. I just need to spend some time preparing them, choosing fabrics and marking them ready to sew.

 
 
The next border has been attached and the fabrics are cut for a diamond border which is next.

 
 
 
I joined in Lori's Humble Quilts block making, for the quilt in the  header on her blog.
 This is Part 1 and 2 but the instructions are all there if you fancy joining in. Part 3 is ready to be made with more plain and HST's borders.



 
 
When I visited the Melbourne Quilt Show I bought a piece of fabric from the 'No Chintz' fabric stand. They had a chair upholstered in it. I have now put it to good use and made myself a [nother] bag. The fabric along the top of it, is an old Repro that was in my stash and I think it goes very well with the main fabric and the handles which were bought a while ago finished the job. 

 
I've also fitted in a bit of applique of my Jan Patek quilt and a Christmas stitchery but I'll show you them next time as I haven't taken photos yet. It's been good getting a bit of everything sewn. There's certainly no time to get bored.
 
 
 
 
 


8 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Your applique is gorgeous as are your other blocks.

pandchintz said...

My you've been busy!! I bought some of that fabric from no chintz too - it looks great as a bag.

Chantal said...

That is such a lovely bag. Your choice of fabric is perfect. Love it. I've notice that the center of your block for the Faithful quilt from Lori is different. I do have some extra Ohio Star blocks from another project that I could use too. Oh! I think I have another quilt being born. Thanks for the inspiration and for sharing.

Heather said...

I love all of your projects. I especially love that fabric that is in the bag, simply gorgeous and it looks great in the bag.

Nancy in MT said...

Wow, all your projects are gorgeous!

Susan said...

Your medallion is looking great. Enjoy planning the background appliqué.

Dawn said...

Your Temecula baskets make me smile...so tiny and sweet.
Your Jane is coming along. You are certainly keeping busy on great projects!

Janine said...

to my dearest "bag lady"- love it!