Thursday, March 27, 2014

Another busy weekend.

I've had another busy weekend this time at a 2day workshop with Marg Sampson George. This is the time to raid the stash and find all those bright or spotty or geometric fabrics, the ones that normal live at the back of my cupboard. I do enjoy seeing how an expect views fabrics and how she cuts them up to form wonderful shapes to applique. The first photo is a great  example.
 
 
Having bought the fabrics to make the Crib Quilt at last year's class and then making the Jane Pizar instead I decided to start it at this year's class. Here is a photo of Marg's Crib Quilt. 

 
On the second day I went with newly acquired fabric and changed the design on my quilt much to Marg's delight.  Here is just a small section of what I'm doing. There will be a new addition to the family in September so the colours and designs will be for either, boy or girl.
 
 
 
This is some of us engrossed in the 'quilt show 'that followed at the end of class. 

 
and not forgetting the prior weekend here is my Sutton Grange that I started with Di Ford. Plenty of applique to keep me busy for quite some time.


 
 
 
 
 
 

7 comments:

Shirley said...

Lovely show and tell Dorothy.

Every Stitch said...

Sounds like a wonderful class Dorothy - love the applique bird on your crib quilt! and your Sutton Grange is off to a great start there.

WoolenSails said...

What a wonderful class and beautiful quilt examples.

Debbie

Sue said...

Always lovely to see what you've been up too. Lots of fun been going on with you lately.

Lori said...

Dorothy, you never cease to amaze me!

Karen said...

Marvelous fabrics on the bird quilt.

Raewyn said...

Amazing how the fabric can be used in such a way! Awesome work!