Wednesday, April 9, 2014

There's been a lot happening.

This week after the workshop at Linda 's I went to an Antique Quilt Day also at Linda's . Many old quilts to see and fabrics to oh! and ah! over and a wonderful lunch and great company as well. Here are just a couple of snippets.


 
 
 
This weekend was our Quilt Show for the Australian Quilters Association
 
 
and I was delighted to win Viewer's Choice with my Mary Brown quilt. A shocking photo of it but you get to see the one it is. There were 150 quilts on show plus 26 blocks for a Challenge quilt and several quilts using the Elizabeth Legacy' pattern. A wonderful exhibition altogether.

 
 
 
 
Meantime I have been working on Di Ford's Mystery quilt BOM and have finished getting the border done and attached.
 
 
 
and I've also been sewing the Crib Quilt from my workshop with Marg Sampson-George and it's coming along. Most of the outer elements still need to be appliqued.
 
 

 
Now back to sewing, I've never had so many projects going at the same time.
 
 
 
 

9 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Wonderful quilts and I love your baby quilt.

Debbie

Susan said...

Congratulations on your win. You have been having a such a lovely, inspirational time.....and lovely projects to work on. The Di Ford centre looks great.

Kleine Vingers said...

Lovely quilts
Greetings

Shirley said...

Congratulations on winning Viewers Choice. Fabulous quilt and several others in the making too. Love your Di Ford version.

Every Stitch said...

Congratulations on the win Dorothy! I just wish I could have visited that show and the "Elizabeths Legacy" has me intrigued...
Love your version of Di's mystery quilt. The crib quilt is so sweet - how large will it be?

Lori said...

Congratulations Dorothy!!
Love the antique quilts too:)

Nancy in MT said...

Congratulations Dorothy!!!!!! Your work is always so beautiful, well deserved.

Miriam said...

Woohoo!! Congratulations on winning viewer's choice!! Your Mary Brown is my favourite of all your quilts!
Love your border on your Di Ford quilt.

Missie of Traditional Primitives said...

Beautiful quilts and pieces of quilts! Congrats on receiving viewers choice! How wonderful!