Sunday, May 31, 2015

Two sewn and two to go.


I tend to spend a day getting the next block prepared in whatever is on the go and then I can just pick them up and sew a bit now and then. This is how the second block for the Mrs Millar's quilt got sewn, along with all the other bit and pieces. Yesterday was prep day so I have No3 ready to go and the next block for Under the Cherry Tree too.  



 
 
I can't resist these Stars. As soon as they arrive, in my emails, I'm off scrounging for the right fabric. This week is Eccentric prints. I think I should have made the first Star with the two fabrics around the other way. The background seems to dominate in the photo and I didn't notice that, when I had it in my hand.
 
 

 
 
 

 
 

8 comments:

Supergoof said...

Oh boy,... I'm in love with the Mrs Millar's quilt,....
:o)

Flickenstichlerin said...

Your Mrs. Millar's blocks are jus beautiful, looked up the quilt on the web, what a beauty this will be.
Greetings,
Sylvia

Linda said...

Hi, Dorothy! The 3D effect of the fabric in that first star is really pronounced, isn't it? Amazing what fabric can do :)

Lori said...

I think it is nice to mix up the stars and make them unpredictable.
Lovely blocks!!

Judy Dietrich said...

Love your star blocks!! Seeing both together really shows how these fabrics effect the design. Can you imagine a dress in one of these prints? The applique blocks are gorgeous. Going to look up this pattern now!!

Dawn said...

I, like Lori, prefer the unpredictable stars!

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Oh my, your eccentrics are spectacular! I've never seen the purple in that last block. Lovely! And I love the Mary Koval print. Can't wait to pick mine up at Cyndi's next week.

Karen said...

I so enjoy seeing the progress you make on the applique projects.